Saturday, January 7, 2012

Back to the blog!

With 1 week of retirement now in the books, I no longer have any valid excuses to not be blogging more. I have, however, over the past week made a few observations that may or may not be enlightening to you. Among them:

There is a LOT to be said for starting the day by getting up early, drinking coffee, and doing some reading.

It's a LOT more enjoyable going for a walk when you want to than when you have to and it's also a lot more fun doing just that while NOT having a 30 lb. satchel of mail hanging off of your shoulder.

Regarding walking, I need to remember that when strolling down main street listening to some music, it does look rather stupid to be begin playing air guitar when the mood/beat strikes me.

A cousin of mine told me it took her about 20 minutes to get used to being retired. I have to find out what took her so long as I think it took me about 5.

All for now, time for nap before game one of Wildcard Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment